The Master of Science in Biotechnology (by research) is a research oriented well-balanced program designed to teach experimental skills in regard to updated and recent problems in biotechnology. In the present time the knowledge of biotechnology can help us to manipulate organisms at the molecular level via genes. The course will also help the students to specialize in research and development, public advocacy, and entrepreneurship. The course focuses on the medical, environmental and agricultural applications of biotechnology and also ensures that the students are aware of the diversity of biotechnology research and enterprize, including exploration of entrepreneurship opportunities. Students can choose any one of the listed specialty for broadening the learning horizons or develop the scientific understanding that encourages independent thinking in the area of relevant applications of biotechnology.
For successful completion of Masters degree in LUC, each candidate should publish minimum of Two research articles in scopus indexed journals, with Lincoln affiliation.
The aim of the course is to present relevant skills and technologies that will provide the students a career based on the global biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, as well as to pursue academic research careers. The students will gain a thorough knowledge and practical skills of their specialized research area related to biotechnology. The program of Master in Biotechnology will produce Biotechnologist who are:
• Knowledgeable in the field of biotechnology so as to contribute to socio-economy of the society.
• Technically competent to conduct research and embraces life-long learning.
• Aware of current issues and technological advancement in biotechnology taking into account relevant commercial, ethical and legal issues.
• Competent in communication and interpersonal skills as well as capable of providing leadership and teamwork in the organization he/she works in.
• Innovative with analytical and problem-solving skills in order to evaluate and make the critical decision based on research evidence.
The proposed program would produce highly qualified and professional workforce for the next wave of global economic activities that will revolve around the industrialization of the biotechnology. Professional can serve in various industrial sectors such as food and beverages industry, textiles industry, biological products, medicines, and pharmaceuticals. While on the other hand, this branch of science caters to the requirements of agriculture, animal husbandry, nutrition and environmental conservation. A biotechnologist may find jobs in various quarters. Students can mainly explore job options in the following fields:
· Drug and pharmaceutical research
· Public funded laboratories
· Environment control
· Waste management
· Food processing industries
· Bio-processing industries
Minimum Duration : 24 Months.
Maximum Duration : 36 Months.
Intake and Entry Requirements
Entry Requirements :
For non-Malaysian citizens, please refer to the Malaysian Qualification Agency's (MQA) List of Overseas Qualifications & its equivalency with Malaysian Education System to see if you qualify for this course.