Master of Science in Biotechnology is considered to be a multidisciplinary degree that includes aspects of biology and chemistry. Students gain knowledge about Proteomics, Bio-informatics, Genomics along with Microbial epidemiology. In this manner efficient professionals and expertise will be generated in the field of biotechnology for the biotechnology industries intended for research and development. In the present time biotechnology is an applied area of science with a multidisciplinary viewpoint encompassing recombinant DNA technology, Cellular Biology, Microbiology, as well as process design, genetic engineering, drug and protein modelling and quality control.
For successful completion of Masters degree in LUC, each candidate should publish minimum of Two research articles in scopus indexed journals, with Lincoln affiliation.
The programme deals with the knowledge as well as the principles related to the biotechnology in accordance with health and science sectors. The course offers information about the living organisms and their ecosystems as well. Moreover, this course evaluates the use of technology to benefit humanity. The programme is intended to teach the potential implications of biotechnology and to learn its significance in our daily lives.
The programme will produce Biotechnologists who are:
• Knowledgeable in relevant areas of biotechnology as well will be able to contribute to the socio-economy of the society
• Aware of current issues and technological advancement in biotechnology taking into account relevant commercial, ethical and legal issues
• Competent in communication and interpersonal skills as well as capable of providing leadership in teamwork in the organization he/she works in
• Technically skilled to conduct research and in turn, embraces life-long learning.
• Eligible with analytical, problem solving capabilities and able to apply managerial skills in order to enumerate biotechnological policies related to sustainability with improvement of quality of life of the citizens
· Environmental Specialist
· Livestock Production
· Agro Based Industries
· Food Processing Industries
· Pharmaceutical Industry
· Manufacturing bio sustainable products
· Healthcare sectors
· Research Laboratories
Minimum Duration : 18 Months.
Maximum Duration : 18 Months.
|Sl.No.||MQA Subject Code||Subject Name||Credits|
|1||LMS 114||Cell Biology||4|
|2||LMS 124||Molecular Biology||4|
|3||LMS 134||Microbiology & Microbial Technology||4|
|4||DRC414||Research Methodology & Biostatistics||4|
|5||LMS 224||Enzyme and Protein Purification Technology||4|
|8||LMS 214||Advance biochemistry||4|
|9||LMS 344||Biosafety and Bioethics in Biotechnology||4|
|10||LMB||Elective Minor: Choose One*||4|
|11||LMB 314||Business and Management in BioTechnology||4|
|12||LMB 324||Information Technology for Managers||4|
|14||LMS 354||Animal Biotechnology||4|
|15||LMS 428||Research Project||8|
|16||LMS 464||Plant Biotechnology||4|
|17||LMS 314||Trends in Medical Biotechnology||4|
|18||LMS 324||Environmental Biotechnology||4|
|19||LMS 334||Pharmaceutical Biotechnology||4|
|20||LMS 234||Fermentation Technology & Bioprocess Engineering||4|
|21||LMS||Elective Major: Choose One*||4|
Intake and Entry Requirements
Entry Requirements :
For non-Malaysian citizens, please refer to the Malaysian Qualification Agency's (MQA) List of Overseas Qualifications & its equivalency with Malaysian Education System to see if you qualify for this course.