The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Engineering programme has been designed to provide students with in-depth knowledge in various fields of specialization to enable them to formulate questions and plan and carry out research in their respective subject areas. The candidates would be able to conduct a high-level research and address complex technical questions and challenge the established knowledge and practices on the respective subjects. The Ph.D. candidates would be capable enough to evaluate the work of others as well, at the same level. The candidates will also evaluate the application of different techniques in the subject areas and shall contribute to the development of new theories, new knowledge and new methods in the respective subject area.
For successful completion of PhD degree in LUC, each candidate should publish minimum of Four research articles in scopus indexed journals, with Lincoln affiliation.
The Ph.D. in Engineering programme in Lincoln University College is designed to prepare a selected number of qualified students for careers in university-level teaching and research and for responsible positions in Government and Private Engineering industries. The primary aims of the programme are:
• To provide students with advanced knowledge in the theory and practice of areas of engineering studies with the concept of research work.
• To prepare the learners for critical problem solving, decision making on various situations and responsibilities in the course of their research work
• To create qualified managerial level Engineering professionals to provide support towards Engineering work in their specialty subjects
• To develop and prepare professionals with Research knowledge and aptitude that is useful for industrial need and in the professional engineering specialty area.
• To train student about the significance of skills and knowledge in specialties under Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Management, Geotechnical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Bioengineering, Biochemical Engineering, Engineering Management, Production and Industrial Engineering.
The Doctor of Philosophy (PH.D) in Engineering programme is in high demand for employers in a variety of industries. It provides students with thorough knowledge of relevant engineering subjects by equipping the students with a skills, knowledge and abilities that are applicable to the workplace and beneficial to the PhD candidate. Some possible career options are:
· Testing Engineer
· Patent Engineer
· Technology Transfer Specialist
· Engineering Consultant
· Design Engineer
· Research and Development Engineer
· Project Engineer
· Product Development Engineer
Minimum Duration : 36 Months.
Maximum Duration : 60 Months.
|Sl.No.||MQA Subject Code||Subject Name||Credits|
|1||PEN 101||Research Methodology||0.0000|
|2||PEN 102||Computer Applications||0.0000|
|3||PHDE 102||PhD in Mechanical Engineering Research Work||0.0000|
|4||PDHE 103||PhD in Electrical Engineering Research Work||0.0000|
|5||PHDE 104||PhD in Chemical Engineering Research Work||0.0000|
|6||PHDE 101||PhD in Civil Engineering Research Work||0.0000|
|7||PhD. in Computer Science Engineering Research Work||0.0000|
|8||PhD in Electronics Engineering Research Work||0.0000|
Intake and Entry Requirements
Intake :Ongoing, Limited Seats Available.
Entry Requirements :